24 January 2011

[Unsuccessfully] Learning to Not Hate Every Small Thing in Life

Isn't it great that there are so much we work on and attempt to master every day? Isn't the wonderful, blissful, energizing reality known as life so terrific? Every day is a new canvas, ready to be painted with sunshine, flowers, happiness, love, peace, flying poptarts, angelic music, oreos, and milk! It's time to change my blog by adding colors of elaborate light and euphoria!! I love everything, don't you?!!!! Smile and sing if you're with me!!!!!


... If you, dear reader, ever see these words in another post again, shoot your monitor. If you see such gaudy, happy images on my blog, never return to this site ever again. And if you see me running around and professing such crap, lock me up in an asylum until I'm a rotting corpse.

Yes, the first part is my being extremely sarcastic (thank god for that.)

Anyway, life is full of challenges that one must face and attempt to conquer. Unless you know me in person or via the internet, my view of life is realistic with a dose of pessimism. Everything has it's faults; I do, my computer does, my friends do, my favorite musicians do, world leaders do, a flea does, you get the point. Also, it shouldn't be a surprise that I complain and bitch alot; I'm a human being with opinions. It's a no brainer unless you're an aemeba. Then you'd use your nucleus.

But I digress.

The very thing in life that serves as a great challenge to many people is dealing with things you love and/or hate. My crutch is my intolerance for irrationally extreme and pushy feelings towards something, especially in cases of arguing something subjectively. Such occurrences happen very often as much as some are unaware. Take the example of two kids talking about their favorite ice cream. The first one says he loves chocolate because it simply tastes good. The other claims that vanilla is the best because it is a universally popular flavor, creating an argument with the chocolate lover. It goes somewhat like this:

Kid #2: How could you possibly hate vanilla ice cream?!
Kid #1: I just don't like it that much. I think chocolate tastes better.
Kid #2: But it's so disgusting!! Anyone who hates vanilla ice cream doesn't know good food!
Kid #1: That's a stupid statement! How can you prove that?
Kid #2: Millions of people love vanilla ice cream because of it's amazingly unique taste. If that many people like it, then it MUST be good!!

You get the idea.

Now put that pointless banter on the level of religion, political ideals, and entertainment and prepare for the stampede of bulls with fully sharpened horns.

My outlook on life is that hating something is perfectly fine, just as long as there are reasons and one does not intentionally shove the opinion down another's throat. It's the only way for me to attempt to deal with opinions I do not agree with. Though it's a goal for me to [at least] tolerate something, most times I fail miserably. In a past rant, I blew up over numerous things that pissed me off at that time, such as the fact that pop music has annoyed and angered me as much as it did back in 2007. However, though I dislike it with a passion, that doesn't mean I walk the face of the earth and convince everyone that my view is supreme.

Irrational extremism with absolutely no respect or acknowledgement for something else.
What a wonderful world we live in.

Maybe that's enough negativity for the moment, but like it or hate it, it's just my opinion. And is it flawed? Absolutely. But I like it.

The world's concept of perfection is overrated; it's a goal that is impossible to reach because no matter how everyone sees it, someone will stand up and say, "I hate it!" But yet, everyone strives for it for reasons one cannot properly express in words. Maybe it's a way to cope with life's ups and downs. Maybe it's a way to make their unsure life worthwhile. Maybe it's a way to create a world and escape from reality.

One of my favorite musicians has always said that "imprefection is perfection," and I want to live by that. As far as I know, there is no objectable, pure right and wrong; therefore, I try to be as tolerant of the things I percieve and cannot change. Not everything can always go my way and not everyone is going to like me. I accept that life is like that. What I can change is what I can change. What will be, will be.

As for now, my learning not to hate every small thing in life is still unsuccessful, but it's a work in progress. I hope to be more and more tolerant with every day, every person I meet, and every perspective I look through. It's a lifelong goal that makes my life worth living for... But of course, you can't forget oreos, chocolate, crab cakes, music, art, HIM, family and friends. Who can live without them?

See? Flawlessness is not my best friend. I guess I should add "correcting contradictions" to my To-Do List.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...