08 December 2010

'Eat Me, Drink Me'

(CREDIT: to the rightful owner or else this guy will kill me... o_O lol)
My Rank: 2.6 out of 5 <- just meh... :/

Although lately I am still screaming longer and louder praises to the double M, to be blunt, this album was a reason why I wasn't into him until now. I am still beating myself for this being my first Marilyn Manson purchase. REALLY BAD MISTAKE.

I liked it when I bought it. A combination of industrial and alternative rock into a dark, twisted gloom. Pretty sweet. But all that was missing was the very thing that Marilyn Manson was good at. Having a bark so obnoxious (not in a bad way) that makes most people believe the bite is just as deadly. This album left me thinking, "Well, that's not so scary. It's fun, but it's not that aggressive."

Due to the lack of research back then, I had no clue that this record was made by Manson and Tim Skold. Then and there, I got not one band member that every fan talked about. Especially Twiggy. No Twiggy. But that's what I get for being an ignorant newbie at the time. But yet, I didn't want to buy the most esteemed album just in case it was the most overrated thing I ever heard. That's why you have to pick your battles. It's a shame I lost this one, but at least I got to the goal a few months later.

Really, the material on this record is pretty slow and bleak that I vaguely remember some of the songs. "Putting Holes in Happiness" was a great song (unlike the music video...) as well as "You and Me and the Devil Makes Three," "If I Was Your Vampire," and "Heart-Shaped Glasses" (again, not very enjoyable video.) But don't go by my word; I'm still no Marilyn Manson know-it-all AND I can't remember the last time I listened to this whole record.

Fore sure, make this one of the last MM purchases. Hopefully I get another of his albums this Christmas and I'm not as disappointed. Though I still feel sad giving this album a rank around that of Linkin Park's "The Catalyst." At least this record wasn't pointless and obnoxious like that song.

The moral of this story: make a well-thoughtout decision before purchasing. If nothing works, always buy the greatest hits compilation...

1 comment:

Tenebris In Lux said...

I think I'm in the same shoes as you .. for this album. I was expecting more: I think he was experimenting, but didn't quite .. I dunno. I was fooled by the album cover (heheh - stop being handsome Marilyn!)

I bought Screamworks when it first came out. I think that was my album-purchase-error.

I lawled at your "give a damn" on the sidebar :p

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...