24 October 2010

"Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na)"

(CREDIT: owned by creator and My Chemical Romance. Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Na_Na_Na_(Na_Na_Na_Na_Na_Na_Na_Na_Na))

My Rank: 3.5/5 <- exciting...

Unlike Three Days Grace, My Chemical Romance didn't make me suffer while waiting for their new album. MCR didn't give THREE changes to the release date of their album and then say after two years of joking around that "oh, NOW we're recording." So I applaud MCR for not giving me constant heart attacks like 3DG did. Plus, "Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na)" impresses me more than "Break" did. But typing it out is dreadful...

Once a band has released at least three record, you can have a good idea what their style is, and My Chemical Romance is pretty over-the top. Going overboard tends to annoy me very much, hence why I can't stomach Lady GaGa at all. But the the difference between her and a band like this is that MCR has a theme to go by. They have a story to go by. Like with The Black Parade, it was a story about a dying cancer patient, and the album flowed as if it could easily be a musical, or a theatrical play. But it didn't stop there. Gerard Way dyed his hair white and had it cut so it looked like he had cancer. For the music video "Welcome to the Black Parade," the patient died and watched a crazy, but impressive "black parade" playing and coming for him. The imagery was impressive, the music was emotional and passionate. Was it all overboard? Maybe. But everything fit. Everything came together as a complete, vivid puzzle that was... perfect. I honestly don't know what words could convey how impressed I was with the art from that era. Maybe it helped that I do like theatrics.

Not that Lady GaGa can't do that, but she's so scrambled up and inconsistent with her outrageous ten minute music videos. But while she does that, I can stay tuned to MCR's theatrics and 30 Seconds to Mars's long videos that have some actual plot. So I can live in peace without GaGa. :)

"Na Na Na" sounds like classic MCR, but isn't as messy as any song off Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge. But sure is one hell of a ride of cursing, theatrics, insane outfits and hairstyles, and a curious new chapter in the band's universe. The music video was pretty fun overall (and the guys from Mindless Self indulgence were appeared guests.) What a blast. I can't wait to learn more about Battery City, Better Living Industries, and the lives of the Fabulous Killjoys. If all goes well, Danger Days will be the third excellent album worth buying this year. If there was one good thing listening to the majority did for me, it was trying out My Chemical Romance. Love 'em or hate 'em, they are pretty crazy and fun.

Why I didn't give this song such a high rating? It's great, but this isn't the best MCR song. But it'll do until Danger Days will be released. November 22 will be an awesome day. XD

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...